CAN SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION HIDE SCARS?
Scalp micropigmentation uses ink to give the illusion of hair. Using a microneedle, tiny dots of ink that is colored to match your existing hair color is applied in the hair loss area. This creates the illusion of hair, making it appear fuller and thicker, that can last for years. It can be applied anywhere on the scalp and is great for those suffering from thinning hair.
With regards to scars, scalp micropigmentation can hide scars. In fact, many people come to the Skin and Scalp Restoration Clinic in Dayton who have had hair transplant procedures who now have a scar across the back of their scalp. Hair transplants are a surgical procedure that is designed to help with hair loss. In this invasive procedure, a section of your scalp with hair growth is surgically removed and transplanted on the section of your head that is experiencing hair loss. Known as strip excision harvesting, these procedures transplant grafts with hair into the scalp. Follicular unit extraction is another invasive hair transplant process where follicles of hair are removed and then implanted into tiny slits on the scalp to mask hair loss.
Scarring is a very real possibility with hair transplant surgery and is normal. Anytime your body experiences a cut, the skin is damaged. Skin heals by forming new tissue which never aligns up perfectly because the new tissue grows back differently than the surrounding tissue. The deeper your wound, the more likely you will have a scar. With scalp micropigmentation, this scarring can be covered up and significantly diminished no matter the length or degree of scarring.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT WITH SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION?
Scalp micropigmentation is a lot like getting a tattoo (which it is often confused for, the main difference being a tattoo is permanent, whereas scalp micropigmentation is semi-permanent, meaning it fades with time). Small amounts of pigment are inserted underneath your skin in dots, which are made to match your skin tone and hair color. The end result is a look that appears as if the hair is regrowing from a buzz cut.
STEPS TO SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION IN DAYTON
- When you begin your free initial consultation with Skin and Scalp Restoration Clinic in Dayton, we’ll discuss what you are looking for from the procedure and then develop an action plan for you.
- Treatment begins with the pigment being added to your specified treatment area. The first treatment will be a light treatment, meaning we are going for a unified appearance across your treatment area so not all the places will be filled in.
- On subsequent treatments, more ink will be added, smoothing out your look and giving you an appearance of a more full, dense head of hair. The number of treatments vary, with some only requiring two treatments to be complete. It depends on the look you are seeking and the size of the treatment area.
WHAT DOES SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION FEEL LIKE?
- The needles used in a scalp micropigmentation are very small, which is why the pain level is very minimal. If you’ve gotten a tattoo, the level of pain with scalp micropigmentation is much less.
WHO CAN UTILIZE SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION?
Scalp micropigmentation can be effective for everyone suffering from hair loss, no matter the degree.
WHAT ARE THE CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION?
You just pricked yourself thousands of times with a needle. So what’s the recovery process?
- Your scalp needs to heal from its injuries. Lots of tiny scabs will form (similar to a tattoo) in the treatment area. Under no circumstances are you to pick at them, scratch them, or otherwise touch them. This could interfere with the healing process and the overall look of your scalp micropigmentation treatment.
- Do not wash or touch your scalp for three days.
- Do not exercise or do other activities that can cause you to sweat during this time. Sitting in the sun is not a good idea since UV exposure can adversely affect the ink in your scalp micropigmentation procedure area.
- You may rinse the area on the fourth day.
- You may use moisturizer as well.
- After one week, you may wash the scalp micropigmentation treatment area. Use a gentle facial cleanser in the beginning.
- You need to be careful within the first month of the procedure. Avoid UV exposure, intense sweating, or any other activities that could damage the scalp micropigmentation treatment area.
Moving forward, you need to be cognizant of your scalp micropigmentation treatment area. You should avoid direct sun exposure, which will help keep your pigments from fading and will let them last longer. A wonderful sun hat is recommended. Avoid rough products on your treatment area, such as alcohol-based shampoos and conditioners. Moisturize your scalp once a day, and exfoliate as well.
MAXIMIZE HAIR TRANSPLANTS WITH SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION
It is becoming more popular to combine both scalp micropigmentation with hair transplant surgery in order to maximize your appearance. Many people want the feel of natural and real hair, so they choose hair transplant surgery. However, it can take weeks before hair begins to grow, so many people choose to add in scalp micropigmentation as a stop gap before hair growth begins. In the areas where people’s hair transplant does not work, many choose to undergo scalp micropigmentation to give their hair a more even look.
HOW SKIN AND SCALP RESTORATION CLINIC IN DAYTON CAN HELP
Skin and Scalp Restoration Clinic in Dayton offers the best scalp micropigmentation solutions for your needs. Whether you are just looking to fill in some missing gaps on your head or you are looking to hide some scars, we can help. We help you feel better about yourself through our non-invasive procedures for hair loss. We understand the emotions you may be going through from hair loss, and we want to help. Contact us today for your free consultation!