Microblading is a form of cosmetic tattooing that involves manually depositing semi-pigment into the upper region of the dermis. This is done with the use of a hand tool that is attached to needles fused together in a linear group. Technicians that perform microblading usually use a numbing solution to limit the discomfort. If performed correctly, the procedure causes minimal discomfort.
Microblading is not a permanent tattoo, as the pigment is deposited into the upper epidermis. If cuts are inserted correctly, the pigment lasts from one to two years after the procedure’s six- to 10-week touch-up. As with all other tattoos, microblading will fade.The needles used in the procedure come in a variety of diameters, so that the thickness of each individual hair stroke can be customized to each client, depending on the width of their natural hairs.
Microshading is the process of creating a shadow or gradient appearance with miniscule dots of pigment instead of fine hairs like microblading. It is almost like using brow powder or brow pencil.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS MICROBLADING A TATTOO?
Microblading is similar to a tattoo. Unlike a regular tattoo, however, microblading is semi-permanent.
DOES MICROBLADING HURT?
The pain level of the procedure is mild to none.
HOW LONG DOES MICROBLADING LAST?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the dermis like traditional tattoos, the area will naturally begin to fade over time. The amount and pace of fading depends on skin type (oily/normal/dry) and age. Microblading typically lasts between one and three years.
IS THE TOUCH-UP SESSION NECESSARY?
Yes! A touch-up session is required after four to six weeks. Everyone heals differently and the outcome of the procedure will vary with each client. During your touch-up session, one of our aestheticians will refine your eyebrows to ensure that they look perfect and retain their color for the whole year.
HOW LONG ARE APPOINTMENTS?
Microblading appointments usually last between 90 minutes and two hours, including the 30-minute numbing process and 45-minute microblading process. The rest of the appointment is spent mapping out the eyebrow shape and color.
WHAT TYPE OF CLIENTS ARE INELIGIBLE FOR MICROBLADING?
We do not provide microblading for individuals who:
- Are under the age of 18
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Have diabetes
- Have glaucoma
- Have epilepsy
- Have a pacemaker or major heart problems
- Have had an organ transplant
- Have skin conditions, such as shingles, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, or eczema on the area of the treatment
- Have allergies to makeup
- Have keloid disorder or scars
- Have HIV or hepatitis
- Have skin cancer
- Have taken skin medications like Accutane or steroids within the past year\
If you are taking Retin-A or retinoids, you must be off your medication for at least seven days prior to your procedure and avoid it for 30 days after your procedure.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please do not exercise on the day of your microblading procedure, as your body heat will expand your pores.
- Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburns for three days prior to the procedure. Your skin should not be in the process of healing before the procedure.
- Do not coffee or anything with caffeine the day of the procedure.
- Do not take aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, omega 3, or ibuprofen unless medically necessary for the 48 to 72 hours prior to your microblading procedure Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of the procedure.
Please avoid the following treatments in the weeks before your procedure:
- Botox or other fillers
- Chemical peels
- Laser treatments
GET STARTED WITH THE SKIN & SCALP RESTORATION CLINIC TODAY!
Fill Out The Contact Form To Schedule Your Consultation